Quote of the Week

"A man to busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic to busy to take care of his tools."
-Spanish Proverb

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Run or Stay in Bed?

Both yesterday and today were melancholy days. Those type of days where you don't want to do anything but stay in bed, read a book, and drink some ice coffee (i have to emphases the ice  because I dislike warm drinks). Running wasn't really the goal for the day but good thing I am not governed by my feelings alone. Thank God that human beings have brains that when my emotions tell me one thing I can fall back on the frontal lobe of my brain that tells me to stick to my running regime.
Before I could give myself enough time to think about whether I wanted to run or stay in bed, I quickly maneuvered towards my running gear. Already dressed for a run I had no choice but to walk out the door and take a short run. It feels good to be part of the 5% population who could run a mile non-stop, according to Runner's World Magazine.
As I ran non-stop down a hill I caught a glimpse of three other runners and a biker. The first runner was a  young teen dressed in her bright neon green socks and New Balance gear. The other two were a couple who ran side by side in a synchronized paste. Then there was the biker, an older gentle men that looked like he was in his late 30s or early 40s. Taking a look at all these individuals I was reminded how runners/bikers come in all different shapes, sizes, genders, and ages. Conclusion,  there are no excuses for not hitting the road for a good workout so get out there and do it, you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment