Quote of the Week

"A man to busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic to busy to take care of his tools."
-Spanish Proverb

Friday, July 6, 2012

An Inspirational Co-worker

Auntie on call, really means you have to be prepared for the unexpected. Workout for the day as scheduled is six miles. The goal was to get my workout done early in the morning before work but sometimes when you stay up late with your older sister- like younger kids do, you take the consequences because it's totally worth it. We stood up late laughing at past memories which, by the way was a good ab workout. However, I paid the price today when I missed my workout in the morning because I was too tired to get up. I figured I would do the run after work(11pm).


My sister being a military mom also faces her own challenges. Sometimes she has what's called PTs (physical training's) one weekend per month and with my brother-in-law being deployed it can be difficult to locate a babysitter. So that is where Tia to the rescue comes in the picture.

I was thinking I would save my workout for tomorrow but after a co-worker mentioned how she was inspired by me and that she went on a 5mile early run, I was then inspired by her and willing to complete my run for the day even if it means running at midnight. The good thing about Alaska is that the sun hardly ever goes down in the summers, but then again the sun hardly ever works because it is usually always chilly. Okay, this is coming for a Vegas girl who is used to the 100 degree heat.
The thing is that we will always have challenges and even the little ones can look big and scary when confronted with it. But we have to be reminded that, " [challenges] in life [are] inevitable, being defeated is optional," as stated by Eric Bates. I guess what  my co-worker told me today really gave me the spark to complete my run later on in the day.

If running means I can inspire others to do the same, any challenge is totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment