Quote of the Week

"A man to busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic to busy to take care of his tools."
-Spanish Proverb

Monday, August 6, 2012

Fighting+Faith+Friends= Fun Day






Quote of the day:
1 Timothy 6:12
 "Fight the good fight of faith."

I always tell people that running is my favorite hobby but boxing is my favorite sport. Today was the first day in about a year and 1/2 since I had the opportunity to hit those bags. Let me tell you that, it felt great. No easy thing training for two hours but doing it again and having coach consitantily nagging besides me kinda reminded me of the earlier years when I initially grew to love boxing in Las Vegas.

Why I love boxing? For many reasons. I love the adrenalin rush you get from hitting the mitts or "expecting the unexpected [punches]." But I always tell people that when I hear that bell ring it's like hearing the firefighting sirens, I get super excited and focus. The sport is not only a challenge in its-self but its a very tactical sport that takes practice, patience, persistence.

My favorite part of the day was inviting two other individuals to share the rush of boxing with me. I met the first individual from a campus group called core (i believe) who go out to different campuses and share the gospel with various individuals. I owed this kid (okay his older than me but I like the term kid) after having the courage to take the time to encourage a stranger after a really hard day and pray for me. I truly believe God puts certain people in your life at perfect timing. So I thank this person for that. The other individual was a friend of his from the same group. They both enjoyed boxing so it was totally worth the time, even after being lost and making a big loop to find this place lol.

Yes boxing is my favorite sport but I can't abandon running. I feel like running is the core of all sports just as having faith is the core value of my walk with God. Overall, today was a good day... even when I have to fight through those hectic days.

No comments:

Post a Comment