Quote of the Week

"A man to busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic to busy to take care of his tools."
-Spanish Proverb

Thursday, June 28, 2012

How it All Began


It was my freshmen year in college and everything was a learning process. The biggest fear I faced was gaining the, "freshmen fifteen". I was determined not to gain that weight but I didn't know how at the time. Back at home I was able to stay in good shape by attending the boxing gym I had gone to for the past four years but now I had new challenges. School and work was a load in itself and I knew I didn't have time to visit a gym with an inflexible schedule. Fusterated with my busy routine I made every effort to go to the school's gym. One day I decided to get away from the crowd by taking a jog in a big beautiful field with trees and streaming rivers. Okay, Okay, am lying. I decided to get away from the crowd by taking a jog on the patchy soccer field that was still undergoing construction. This was a place that people hardly visited but that I enjoyed. The soccer field became my running site. I would go on runs as often as three days a week and after a month my runs became longer and more frequent. I guess I picked up the running bug or running high because it became my healthy addiction and antidote for the stressful days. Trust me their were days I draded the idea of getting up early in the mornings but it was a sacrifice well worth it. The time alone on the field allowed me to plan my day, to contemplate on certain things, and was a time of prayer...

So I can keep going on about my freshmen year in college but believe the stories will unfold on their own. The point is that running is by favorite hobby. It is a stress reliever, a good trainer that keeps me in shape, and an awesome personalized sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment