Quote of the Week

"A man to busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic to busy to take care of his tools."
-Spanish Proverb

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dedication

Las Vegas Athletic Club


Quote of the day:
"HA! Obsession? It's called dedication."


It's 5:30a.m. when the  buzzer on my phone starts to go off. Aahhh!!! I turn and kick in bed, 10 more minutes turns into 1/2 an hour. Okay, Okay, I say to myself. I jump off bed get my training gear on, pull my hair up in a pony tail and before I have time to think about the chilly mornings in Las Vegas, I am out the door.

Cycling class starts at 6:00a.m. and with about 5 minutes left I assemble my bike. I begin to peddle and am amazed at the full class. With the deemed lights it is still possible to see all the morning faces, people who probably had to slap themselves here and there to get themselves off their bed lol also known as, dedicated individuals.


                                 "Discipline means doing what needs to be done, even when you don't want to."
                                                -Anonymous

The music starts with a steady tempo, you know an old school song usually and then it gradually turns into a faster paste. "Add resistance," you hear the instructor say and with everyone doing it you have no choice but to follow along.

The sweat starts to pour down, I can taste its saltiness on the tips of my lips. "Add more resistance", the instructor demands. Forty minutes into the class and my legs feel like they are gonna fall off. I complain to myself and say I had enough! Then my instructor says that the last 20 minutes in class we are going to do intervals of speed drills. I wonder why we couldn't do the hard thing first and get it over with. Fine, I'll cooperate but if I pass out it is not my fault, I complain to myself.

Push, Push, Push!!! 10,9,8.....2,1!! "Good job guys, start to bring your heart rate down by pedaling slower and come to a complete stop," says the instructor. Wow! that's it, am done?

I stretch a little with my peers and thank my instructor for helping me break a good sweat. I am alert, awake, and ready to go boxing now!

Some say I train a lot or that am obsess with the gym. I just turn and say, " The best way to predict the future is to create it and in my future I look fit, toned and healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment